Indian Summer Golf & Country Club in Olympia, WA – July 2012 Market Update
July 2012 Indian Summer Real Estate Market Update
The Indian Summer Golf & Country Club neighborhood in Olympia, WA saw one single family home sales in July for $350,000 for a 1998 built home over 2,400 square feet on almost a 1/3 acre lot.
Inventory levels are healthy with 17 listings. One interesting listing to note is a “fixer-upper” listed for $529,950. The home was foreclosed upon and the bank is selling this 6,672 square foot home built in 2001 for $79/SF. This is one of the largest homes in Indian Summer. Even Indian Summer is not immune to the downfall of the real estate market.
But the good news is we are at the lowest point in 2 ½ years for distressed (short-sale and bank-owned) homes sales, which is a good indication of moving in the right direction to a healthy and balanced market. And as you can see by the chart, our year-to-date average sales price is slowing creeping up, which is a good sign for home owners and sellers in Indian Summer. But buyers, you better hurry!
About Indian Summer Golf & Country Club in Olympia, WA
Indian Summer Golf & Country Club located in southeast Olympia, WA is a premier gated neighborhood that surrounds the private Indian Summer Golf Course.
Indian Summer is still experiencing growth with new construction being built in The Links, part of Indian Summer located off of Rainier Road and is in the southeast section of Indian Summer. When fully built out, Indian Summer will have approximately 500 single family homes, townhomes and condos – most with sweeping views of the golf course.
You don’t need to be a golfer to enjoy the beautiful design of Indian Summer. Several unique and appealing features Indian Summer residents enjoy are:
- A 33-acre nature preserve with walking trails open to the residents of Indian Summer.
- Sidewalks throughout with wide streets and underground utilities that capitalize on the golf course views.
- Indian Summer is a gated community with a gate guard on staff.
- Indian Summer residents and the public can enjoy The Embers restaurant. You can sit in the bar, sit outside on the elevated deck overlooking the greens or enjoy the views from inside the restaurant. Residents like they can walk to a great restaurant and dine in or order take out.
- The clubhouse also has banquet and meeting areas – perfect for weddings and other events.
- And who has a salon and spa in their neighborhood?! Indian Summer does and it is Antidote Spa & Salon, where you can take a spa-cation, all within the gates of Indian Summer!
(All data compiled from the Northwest Multiple Listing Service. Data is deemed accurate but not guaranteed.)
Click here to search homes for sale in Indian Summer.
If you’d like more information about Indian Summer, please visit these links:
Interested in making this premier neighborhood your home? Call me today to find your next home in Indian Summer or beyond!