These are important rules to follow to ensure a smooth loan process.
- Thou shalt not change jobs, become self-employed or quit your job.
- Thou shalt not buy a car, truck or van (or you may be living in it)!
- Thou shalt not use charge cards excessively or let your accounts fall behind.
- Thou shalt not spend money you have set aside for closing.
- Thou shalt not omit debts or liabilities from your loan application.
- Thou shalt not buy furniture.
- Thou shalt not originate any inquiries into your credit.
- Thou shalt not make large deposits without first checking with your loan officer.
- Thou shalt not change bank accounts.
- Thou shalt not co-sign a loan for anyone.
See more articles in my Home Buying Guide:
Must-Have Online Research Tools Every Buyer Needs
The 8 Most Important People You Need to Know in Real Estate
10 Critical Questions to ask your Realtor
6 Tips when Purchasing a Home
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a Home
Financing and the Costs to Buy a Home
How Buyers Can Negotiate Successfully in a Seller’s Market